SPICED CARROT & QUINOA SALAD
A wonderful blend of carrots and quinoa
combined with just enough spice and a touch of nuttiness
to bring lots of flavour to this nourishing salad.
- 1/2 cup quinoa, raw or just over 1 cup cooked
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3-4 carrots
- Green onion or leek, ½ cup thinly sliced
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbps sesame oil
- 1 tbps of rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic and 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1-2 TBS parsley or cilantro
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds or sunflower seeds
- 1 TBSP goat feta, crumbled
- Start by rinsing your quinoa under water for 30 seconds.
- Strain and add to a saucepan with 1 cup of water and spices.
- Season with a little salt and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower to a simmer and cook covered for 12 minutes, or till done.
- While quinoa is cooking, grate carrots and combine in a large bowl with sliced green onions/leeks, parsley/cilantro, sliced almonds/sunflower seeds and feta.
- Mix together in a small bowl the lemon juice, vinegar, sesame oil and honey. Add spices and stir till well blended. Add to salad.
- Toss all ingredients together and let cool or eat warm.
- This can be stored in the fridge, covered