1 cup chick pea flour
1 cup water
1tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
Pinch salt Pizza
1 can crushed tomatoes
1/2 small red onion chopped fine
2 cloves of garlic chopped fine
1/2 medium zucchini sliced in thin medallions
Wilted spinach (wilted in water, remember to squeeze out excess water)
1/2 red pepper sliced into fine strips
3 mushrooms sliced
Pre-heat oven to 350*
* Crust: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together until it forms a pancake batter like consistency.
* Pour onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 until golden brown and firm to touch.
* For tomato sauce: This will make more than needed but it can store in fridge for up to 5 days!
o Blitz chopped onion and garlic with the tomato in a blender and Add the chopped basil and black pepper
* For the toppings: Steam everything except for the spinach for 2 minutes all together.
* Assembly: Top crust with tomato sauce, and all your veggie toppings and finish in the oven for about 5-8 minutes depending on how well done you enjoy your pizza.
Thank you again Olivia Mollica for another great recipe
2 large eggplants
1 large sweet potato
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 zucchini sliced in small chunks
1 package mushrooms sliced
Bunch green onions chopped fine
2 cloves garlic chopped fine
3 cups spinach
1 lb. ground chicken (optional)
2 cups tomato sauce
Salt and pepper
1 cube low sodium vegetable flavour
* Slice eggplant top off and cut length wise, slice each side in half length wise again and then across giving yourself 4 sections per half (8 pieces per eggplant).
* Cut out the center of each quarter leaving 1 cm of flesh on the skins. Place the centres into one pot of water and the skins in another. Bring both to a boil until tender.
* Boil sweet potatoes until soft enough to mash. Once ready mash them up in a large bowl.
* In a large sauce pan cook onion and garlic with coconut oil. Once translucent, add zucchini and mushrooms and cook until soft. (If you find you need more liquid to continue cooking, just add a splash of water).
* Top with spinach leaves and wilt.
* Once cooked, flavour with 1 tbsp pepper, 1 tsp salt and vegetable cube.
* Discard any excess liquid
* Mix the vegetables with the mashed sweet potatoes.
* Once the eggplants are tender. Drain all liquid and mix the centres thoroughly in potato mixture.
Stuff this mixture into the eggplant skins and place in a baking dish, keeping them snug together….no gaps. Top with tomato sauce and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350*.
If adding meat:
Add the ground chicken to your eggplant mixture and stuff the skins. Place in baking dish, keeping them snug together with no gaps between. Top with tomato sauce. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes at 350*.
Thank you Olivia Mollica for the recipe