18 cups liquid (broth, water, stock or combination)
1 lb split peas, picked over
1 medium onion, chopped
3 TBSP butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, or 1/8 cup dried
½ tsp dried basil
1/4 lb quinoa, rinsed (brown rice or barley will do as well)
1 bay leaf
4 large potatoes, diced (can be any potato variety, I like to do half sweet potato)
One 10 oz bag fresh spinach, rinsed, trimmed and chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring water to a boil in large covered pot.
2. Add split peas, onions, butter/oil, garlic, parsley, basil, quinoa/grain, and bay leaf.
3. Return to a boil.
4. Turn it down to a simmer, uncovered over low heat, stirring frequently for 45 minutes
5. Add the potatoes and spinach
6. Continue to boil over low heat for 45-60 minutes, stirring frequently
7. Once cooked, remove bay leaf and blend soup. I put a hand blender right in the pot.
8. Season as desired, with salt and pepper
8-10 carrots, washed and cut into 1 inch slices (using a variety of colours improves presentation)
1” ginger grated or finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
¼ cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup chopped onion
2-3 TBSP olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Grease a casserole dish and fill with first five ingredients
2. Drizzle olive oil over top and sprinkle with salt and pepper
3. Mix well so oil and ingredients are all combined.
4. Bake in 375*F oven for about 30 minutes, stirring through about 20 minutes
5. There should just be a touch of firmness to the carrots when done.
3 TBSP Coconut oil
½ tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp cumin
1 ½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp cayenne pepper or pepper flakes
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 ½ tsp salt
Pepper to taste
8-10 potatoes, peeled and cut into ½“ pieces
1 cup coconut milk or almond milk
Melt oil in saucepan. Add mustard, and all spices until everything is combined well.
Pour in milk and let it again, combine well
Add potatoes and stir all together so potatoes are covered with sauce
Bring to a boil and then let simmer for about 20 minutes, or when potatoes can be pierced with a fork.
WIN WITH US!
Every week from now until Christmas 2016
we will be purchasing a Lotto Ticket.
If we win a Grand Prize we will split it between ourselves
and two random people on our Newsletter list.
That’s right, an equal 3 way split!
And all you have to do is subscribe to our Newsletter.
This weeks ticket has been purchased
and the emails have been picked.
Keep your fingers crossed !
For those still not on the email list..
make sure you sign-up for our Newsletter
for your chance to win.