QUINOA PROTEIN PANCAKES w/ FRUIT SAUCE
1 cup quinoa flakes
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup hemp hearts
1/3 cup ground flax seed
½ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup almond beverage or beverage of choice
1 TBSP coconut oil for skillet
1 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
1 TBSP pure maple syrup
1 tsp whole grain flour
1. Grind quinoa flakes in a coffee grinder or food processor til fine
2. Add cinnamon, vanilla extract, hemp hearts, ground flax seed, baking soda and pinch of salt. Stir to combine well.
3. Add almond beverage and eggs. Mix together well.
4. Heat skillet and grease with coconut oil. Pour pancake batter into pan, making 4” pancakes.
5. In saucepan on stove heat berries and mash them as they warm up. Add maple syrup and let it blend well. Add whole grain flour to help reduce liquid and reach a desired consistency (if desired)
6. Plate the pancakes and pour fruit sauce on top. Serve warm.
We are excited to show you a new facet to our facility. A little boxing, a little MMA, a little sweat..
Call or email us today to find out more on how you can work with us and our amazing
clientele at LiV Personal Training Studio
Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini
Prep time:25 mins
Cook time:25 mins
Total time:1 hour
2 medium zucchini squash
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ cup diced Vidalia or other sweet onion
2 medium garlic cloves minced
1 cup sweet red pepper, diced
1 cup diced mushrooms , diced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup cooked quinoa or brown basmati rice
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese or crumbled goat feta (optional)
Additional cheese to sprinkle over cooked squash, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Trim stem end from squash. Cut in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, carefully dig the seeds out of the zucchini creating the boat. Leave some zucchini flesh so don’t go too deep. Set aside in baking dish.
- Dice up the onions, red pepper and mushrooms nice and small.
- Add minced garlic and diced vegetables into pan and saute till slightly softened.
- Mix sauted vegetables with the quinoa or rice. Add the oregano, basil, parsley/cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Fill the boats with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake in oven for 20 minutes (longer bake time is using larger zucchini). Remove and sprinkle additional cheese if desired. Bake for another 5 minutes. Do not over bake or they will be soggy.
CUCUMBER & CARROT SALAD
1 large cucumber, into quarter slices
2 large carrots, sliced or grated
½ cup green onion, sliced
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced, chopped or grated
1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
2 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP olive oil or sesame oil
1 TBSP Dijon mustard
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp honey
Salt and pepper to taste
Feta cheese (optional)
- Combine cucumber, carrot and green onion in a bowl and toss well together
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl and toss over vegetables.
- Chill in fridge for an hour.
- Add feta cheese if desired.