We have been told over and over that exercise is good for us.
Here are 10 VERY good reasons why..
- You will improve memory: feel like you think a bit more clearly after a good workout? Not only is your brain getting more energy and oxygen, but many studies have shown that exercise can boost your memory and help you learn better
- You will improve your posture: one of the best ways to fix your posture is to exercise the muscles holding you back
- You will boost self confidence: exercise can improve your appearance which can improve confidence, but there’s more to it than that. Exercise can also help you feel more accomplished and social. Even if you don’t see immediate results in your body, that effort will make you feel better
- You WILL dE-StReSs: studies have shown that exercise is a great way to combat it. Not only are those endorphins natural stress-fighters, but getting yourself into that exercise groove helps get your mind off the things stressing you out
- You will sleep better: have trouble falling asleep at night? The National Sleep Foundation says at regular exercise can help you sleep better. The best time to work out is in the morning or the afternoon.
- You will have MORE energy: regular exercise can actually make you feel more energized throughout the day. In fact, one study found that exercising in the middle of the day can leave you feeling more energetic and productive for the rest of the afternoon
- You will have better SEX: Yes, studies have indeed shown that regular exercise can increase arousal and decrease men’s risk for erectile dysfunction, likely because exercise improves circulation
- You will get sick less often: A recent study found that people who exercised regularly were half as likely to get a cold than people who didn’t
- You will LiVe longer: It’s no secret that healthy living will keep you alive longer, but you might be surprised at how much. One study found that exercise improves life expectancy as much as quitting smoking. It really is true that sitting all day is killing you
- You will simply be HAPPIER: the University of Bristol found that people’s mood significantly improved on days they exercised, so find a way to fit a quick workout into your daily routine