QUINOA PROTEIN PANCAKES w/ FRUIT SAUCE
1 cup quinoa flakes
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup hemp hearts
1/3 cup ground flax seed
½ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup almond beverage or beverage of choice
1 TBSP coconut oil for skillet
1 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
1 TBSP pure maple syrup
1 tsp whole grain flour
1. Grind quinoa flakes in a coffee grinder or food processor til fine
2. Add cinnamon, vanilla extract, hemp hearts, ground flax seed, baking soda and pinch of salt. Stir to combine well.
3. Add almond beverage and eggs. Mix together well.
4. Heat skillet and grease with coconut oil. Pour pancake batter into pan, making 4” pancakes.
5. In saucepan on stove heat berries and mash them as they warm up. Add maple syrup and let it blend well. Add whole grain flour to help reduce liquid and reach a desired consistency (if desired)
6. Plate the pancakes and pour fruit sauce on top. Serve warm.